Online Membership Management Portal Improves Service and Saves Hundreds of Hours
With multiple membership databases and a paper-based renewal process bottlenecking the processing of credentials, the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba (CRPNM) knew they needed to make changes. A small staff and limited budget meant finding an affordable integrated system that could track both members and applicants.
The College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba (CRPNM) is the regulatory body for the psychiatric nursing profession in Manitoba. The CRPNM is mandated, by the government of Manitoba and the Registered Psychiatric Nurses Act, to carry out its activities and govern its members in a manner that protects the public by ensuring safe, competent and ethical practice.
The annual registration renewal process was highly manual and paper-based with members required to mail or fax in their renewal application on an annual basis. To complicate matters, the majority of the renewals occurred during a specific period. This meant an inundation of paper-based applications flooded the busy offices of CRPNM within a condensed time frame. All renewals were critical and needed to be processed error-free quickly.
CRPNM chose our Peopleworks solution which is built on Microsoft Dynamics CRM and designed using the familiar look and feel of Outlook and other Microsoft tools. This made it easy for users to quickly adapt to the new technology. Registered Psychiatric Nurses can now log on and update their membership information and apply to change their registration status at any time of the year, solving the problem of staff needing to deal with piles of paper as well as the time-consuming challenge of re-entering data.
Employers use the portal to find psychiatric nursing staff, verify a psychiatric nurse is registered and feel confident that they are meeting their obligations under the Registered Psychiatric Nurses Act.
Registered Psychiatric Nurses can update their own profile, education, practice hours, and employment information ensuring the College always has accurate and current information.
CRPNM has realized tremendous productivity and efficiency gains along with a big boost in member satisfaction.
- Time efficiency – the new solution frees up the staff at CRPNM to focus on higher value activities for members
- Fast user adoption – 97% of members are using the new system to manage their information and applications
- Reductions in errors – members are updating their own information eliminating having a third party re-enter their data
- Phone calls have been reduced because the new system reflects everything in real time – members don’t have to call to confirm their application has been processed
- The warranty and support program included with Peopleworks meant that CRPNM continued to be supported after go live, reducing frustration and helping support user adoption
“Navantis clearly understood our business requirements and worked alongside us to ensure the Peopleworks system met our needs. Their expertise was validated when 97% of our members used the new online solution immediately for their annual registration renewal. We continue to rely on Navantis for support and they have not let us down.”
Laura Panteluk, Executive Director/Registrar CRPNM